Monday, August 20, 2007

Good News!

While interviewing for different positions, I have been doing temporary work at a nonprofit called American Humanics. I have really enjoyed working there but knew going into it that they didn't have any openings. Today when I went to work, I was pulled into the President's office and told that the current Executive Assistant had gotten engaged and was moving to Chicago. Then the amazing happened - they offered me the position! After talking it over with Tim at lunch, I accepted the position this afternoon.

The main focus of American Humanics is to train nonprofit leaders. They work primarily with colleges and universities, students and nonprofit organizations. I will be the assistant to the President and the Board, responsible for the day to day financials and other general office management. It is a great opportunity getting to do similar things as I was at the League but on a much larger scale. The office environment is great and my co-workers are all really nice.

I start training tomorrow morning. So after three weeks, I am no longer unemployed. YEAH!

1 comments:

Andrew said...

congrats! very exciting. lots of Jewell people there, no?