Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fall Garden

Since I don't start my new job at Harvesters until next Tuesday, I got inspired to take this week and work at the garden at Cherith Brook. They had a good garden throughout this summer with lots of okra, tomatoes, and peppers, both mild and HOT!!! The HOT ones are my favorite. Most of those plants are still producing, so I used the tiller yesterday to build some more beds.

Today I headed over to the Kansas City Community Garden and spent a whopping $3 on seeds and seedlings. Just wait until you hear all that I planted for that $3!

Collard Greens
Cabbage
Broccoli
Turnips
Radishes
Spinach
Tatsoi (an Asian green)

It's a week or two late for anything else, but all this stuff should make for a great fall crop. I'll post pictures soon.

1 comments:

Melvin Bray, coordinating storyteller said...

Tim, I'm envious! Leslie, the kids and I are moving next week, which will be too late to plant anything. I'll have to go put my hands in the dirt in someone else's yard who already have something in the ground.