Thursday, February 04, 2010

Two months later...

Well, it's been 2 months since our last post. Another busy stretch... On the good side a lot of the busy-ness has been seeing friends and family that usually only get to "see" us on here!

Since Nov. and Trinity's birthday here's what we've been up to:

  • Thanksgiving celebrations with our families.
  • Our so-far-annual return trip to Atlanta (Congrats to the Smalls for your new small one by the way!!!).
  • We made some great progress in our never-ending bathroom project, and then put it back aside for more other busy-ness.
  • Finals & final papers (Trinity taking them, and Tim grading them; not each others though).
  • Christmas celebrations with families and friends.
  • A mystery dinner theater with friends to ring in the New Year - I was the murderer, and I almost got away with it too!
  • Trinity went to Phoenix for work, and then I left for 10 days in Honduras while she was gone (I don't think I'll be blogging much about that trip, but the whole team is adding photos and informative captions here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffbuscher58/HondurasJan10#).
  • Thanks to Kate, Chris & Steph for taking care of Trinity and the dogs while I was gone for so long!
  • Trinity had a clothing exchange at our house, and painted the kitchen cabinets.
  • I returned from Honduras on a Thursday night and woke up less than 12 hours later to kick off our first CJS Summit at Jewell. We got to meet and spend the weekend with two of the authors of a favorite book of ours, The Better World Handbook.
  • As soon as the Summit was over, we were both back to school again, and this semester is turning out to be our most intense yet, for both of us.
  • I had a flashback of 2 years ago with a major, days-long headache. It was actually almost 2 years ago to the day, and it was so eerily similar we were really freaking out. It was time for a follow up MRI anyway, so I went in for that and I am happy to say the report says there is no evidence of a return tumor. That just means my major, days-long headache was something else, like maybe stress related or something... I don't know what I have to be stressed about!? Oh wait, maybe one whole month of non-stop work...
  • I turned 29 years old and my friends all got me new vinyl records for our collection! Records are great headache prevention, so we have made sure to get our daily dose of the turntable ;) Sunday I listened to all the new ones at least once through, some more than once - which means I had a long and wonderful stretch of more than a few hours of prevention.
  • The final season of LOST has begun... (yes, this is significant enough to make it onto my "what we've been up to" list!)
See, I told you we'd been busy! I think this weekend is looking pretty calm; hopefully we can keep it that way.

0 comments: