Friday, February 19, 2010

Quotes & Phrases

I have a little notebook in which I have been writing quotes and phrases that inspire, encourage, or challenge me that I have kept and added to since college. Sometimes I have added to it more than others. I was thinking I would begin putting such quotes on here instead of only writing them in my little notebook. I hope you appreciate them as I do.


Here's one that caught my attention for the first time this morning while listening to a Bob Dylan record that I've had since high school:

"Well, I try my best
To be just like I am,
But everybody wants you
To be just like them.
...
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more."

--1965, "Maggie's Farm" by Bob Dylan

2 comments:

Andrew said...

"They say sing like we sing, but I just get bored."

Love it.

Wes said...

Obama is a Dylan fan and talked in some interview about how this was a favorite on the trail (before the election).