Saturday, October 03, 2009

Camera download

I cleaned out the memory card on my camera today, so here are some photos of all kinds of things!

Allison, Wes & Lucy came to see us in May, and never made it onto the blog... We had a great time with them, especially Lucy! All the animals still miss her.

Twister doesn't get much blog love these days, so I thought I'd put him on here. See him sniffing around the tomatoes plants? He likes to sneak one off the vine when we're not looking for a quick snack!

The Ladies are doing well and giving us lots of eggs. We recently froze a bunch of pumpkin puree from the garden, and gave the Ladies one of their favorite treats - pumpkin scraps.

Benton is always looking for a new place to nap. Here you can see he is cozy in a paper grocery bag.

We attended the KC Ethnic Enrichment Festival again this fall. We learned that this is the biggest festival of this kind in the US. Of all the BIG cities out there with so many people represented, KC celebrates this with more energy than any other. Hope to see you there in the future!

This guy spent a few weeks gathering his dinner in the garden this summer. We've had lots of spiders, but this is by far the biggest. You can see how big it is by noticing the fly and the big bumble bee caught in the web next to it. I was extra careful when I inched in for this shot!

We threw a Baby Celebration for the new additions to our community. Here's Trinity with the two moms! Annen is already here, and Baby Sweeten is on the way soon.

Trinity and I went on a day trip to Weston, MO with Merci.

Here's a photo from Badseed Urban Farm that we took on the Urban Farms Tour this summer.


Some of the more colorful produce from the garden.

I dug these boulders out of one of the new garden beds this spring. You can see how big it is compared to the shovel. I about broke my back pulling it out of there. In fact, there is another one as big as this still in the ground that I gave up on.

Jim & Andrew & Christina also made the trek from ATL to visit us. Here we are at the Nelson.

0 comments: