Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Tim's Cheddarvision

Maybe you've heard of or seen cheddarvision? Well, here's my version:

Saturday I started with 2 gallons of Shatto whole milk and a cheesemaking kit from the New England Cheesemaking Supply Company and after some water bathing, stirring, separating, draining, and pressing this is what I've come up with so far.

I have a few more days of drying and turning before I give it a couple of coats of wax, and then after 4 weeks (or 6 months) we'll be ready to taste the results.

I think I'll slice this one open after the 4 week mark to give it a taste since its the first try, and then we'll go from there. I'll update my cheddarvision pics every once in a while so you can see the progress.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim deciding to make his own cheese does not surprise me at all