Friday, April 10, 2009

I worked on the coop a bit more today. Here it is - the only thing left to do is figure out our roof. We were going to use some shingles that my Dad had left over, but our door is causing some confusion on my part as to how to roof it. I started to put them on, but the shingles need to overlap, and if they overlap at the hinges, then we can't open the door... Not to mention the fact that our moveable coop would be a lot heavier with the asphalt shingles. Today I slathered water-sealer everywhere I could reach.



I used some of the scraps to make a nesting box. The consensus online is that one nesting box should be enough for our three chickens. Speaking of the chickens, here they are, definitely getting bigger. They're starting to cluck a little bit instead of just chirping like chicks! I am eager to get the roof figured out so they can stretch they're legs outside.

We started the day with rain, so I spent a couple hours working on one of out other unfinished projects. We might regret this later, but we decided to take down the plaster walls in the bathroom. They were cracked and patched so many times that we decided they just needed a fresh start.


And, I'm also trying to start some seeds indoors. It's going okay, but our drafty house is definitely stunting their growth. It's been pretty slow going, but making some progress.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

about time for a bathroom update